Parma police: The section of York Road that had been closed earlier due to downed power lines had been reopened.
In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, the city of Cleveland and the Cleveland Airport System - which includes Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) and Burke Lakefront Airport (BKL) - are continuing to assess damage caused by driving rain and heavy winds.
Here are the current conditions at CLE Airport:
· The airport remains open; however, United Airlines has suspended flights until 3 p.m. today. The remaining airlines have a handful of flights departing today. Airport officials and the airlines strongly encourage passengers to contact their airline directly for flight status.
· Security checkpoint B is temporarily closed and will resume normal operations on Wednesday, Oct. 31st.
Current conditions at BKL Airport:
· BKL sustained some damage to the terminal building and airport officials are working with other City departments to repair damages.
· Much like the entire city, BKL, which sits along Lake Erie, has reported downed trees; debris on and around the airfield, roadway and parking lots. BKL will work with the city's Urban Forestry to have trees removed.
· BKL reports ponding and flooding in the parking lot as well as ponding on the airfield. Airport field maintenance will be dispatched for cleanup.
· Cleveland Public Power is working to restore power to areas around the airfield.
· No aircraft at BKL was damaged.
FirstEnergy outages: Cleveland 44,569; Lakewood 14,667; Parma 11,314; Euclid 7,731; Cleveland Heights 7,428; Westlake 7,022; Mentor 6,507
Flights are now departing from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
City of Cleveland: Estabrook recreation center is now taking in residents instead of John F. Kennedy recreation center
From the city of Bedford: Broadway Ave (Route 14) in the Downtown Bedford between Columbus Road and E. Monroe is closed due to wires across the roadway. Semi-trucks should detour and by-pass the area by using Northfield Rd (Route 8). At this time we no ETA from CEI.
Blaine St, by UHHS Bedford Medical Center is closed at Center Rd due to tree and wires down across the roadway. At this time we no ETA from CEI
Palmetto road is closed at daisy due to a tree across the roadway.
From ODOT: The right two lanes are now open on I-90 eastbound at East 55th Street. I-90 westbound remains closed at Eddy Road. Motorists are being detoured via Eddy Road to St. Clair Avenue to East 55th Street to I-90 westbound.
-Vita Mix on delayed opening until Noon
-Cleveland Sight Center is closed for the day
-Cuyahoga Community College's West Shore Campus will be closed in Westlake today.
All essential staff are asked to report to campus
-Independence Business Supply
-Brecksville Regional Income Tax
-CMSD Buildings/Offices Closed Today
-Cuyahoga County Board of Health Parma Branch is closed today.
-Parma City Hall is closed due to power outage
-Parma Municipal Court is closed today- Per Judge Spangel
-Elyria Municipal Court is closed today - Per Judge Bennett
-Cuyahoga County Government opening at 10:30a
-Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum will open one hour late today at 11 a.m.
-Parma Justice Center is CLOSED with the exception of police operations.
Here are some closings you won't necessarily see on our closing list:
@mason Not likely... This is weakening quickl